Re: CephFS questions

Hi,

Le 22/03/2015 09:29, Bogdan SOLGA a écrit :

> I have a few questions related to the CephFS part of Ceph:
>
>    - is it production ready?

Currently, this is not considered "production ready".

However, some people use Cephfs in production and I think they are satisfied.
Personally, we are going to use Cephfs in production for web servers (not
well tested yet).

>    - can multiple CephFS be created on the same cluster? The CephFS creation
>    <http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/createfs/> page describes how
>    to create a CephFS using (at least) two pools, but the mounting
>    <http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/kernel/> page does not refer to
>    any pool, when mounting the FS;

No, even with Hammer, you can have only one Cephfs per cluster (and indeed
cephfs uses 2 pools: one for the data and one for the metadata).

>    - besides the pool quota
>    <http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/pools/#set-pool-quotas>
>    setting, are there any means by which a CephFS can have a quota defined? I
>    have found this
>    <https://wiki.ceph.com/Planning/Blueprints/Firefly/Cephfs_quota_support>
>    document, which is from the Firefly release (and it seems only a draft),
>    but no other references on the matter.
>

>    - this <http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/man/8/mount.ceph/> page refers
>    to 'mounting only a part of the namespace' -- what is the namespace
>    referred in the page?

Sorry, for these questions, I'm unqualified. ;)

>    - can a CephFS be mounted simultaneously from multiple clients?

Of course, this is the goal.

>    - what would be the recommended way of creating system users on a
>    CephFS, if a quota is needed for each user? create a pool for each user? or?
>

> In order to understand better my questions, my use-case would be the
> following:
>
>    - create a cluster from multiple OSDs (at least 20);
>    - create 4 pools on it - p1-4;
>    - create a CephFS from pools p1 and p2 and mount it in /opt/fs1;
>    - create a CephFS from pools p3 and p4 and mount it in /opt/fs2;

Currently, it's impossible to have 2 cephfs in the same cluster.

>    - create some quota defined folders for user's home directories, in
>    /opt/fs1 and /opt/fs2;

Sorry I don't know for the quota.

HTH.

--