Re: hadoop namenode not starting due to bindException while deploying hadoop with cephFS

Gregory Farnum <greg@...> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 5:57 PM, Ridwan Rashid <ridwan064@...> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a 5 node ceph(v0.87) cluster and am trying to deploy hadoop with
> > cephFS. I have installed hadoop-1.1.1 in the nodes and changed the
> > conf/core-site.xml file according to the ceph documentation
> > http://ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/hadoop/ but after changing the file the
> > namenode is not starting (namenode can be formatted) but the other
> > services(datanode, jobtracker, tasktracker) are running in hadoop.
> >
> > The default hadoop works fine but when I change the core-site.xml file as
> > above I get the following bindException as can be seen from the namenode
log:

> > 2015-03-19 01:37:31,436 ERROR
> > org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode: java.net.BindException:
> > Problem binding to node1/10.242.144.225:6789 : Cannot assign requested
address

> > I have one monitor for the ceph cluster (node1/10.242.144.225) and I
> > included in the core-site.xml file ceph://10.242.144.225:6789 as the value
> > of fs.default.name. The 6789 port is the default port being used by the
> > monitor node of ceph, so that may be the reason for the bindException but
> > the ceph documentation mentions that it should be included like this in the
> > core-site.xml file. It would be really helpful to get some pointers to where
> > I am doing wrong in the setup.
>
> I'm a bit confused. The NameNode is only used by HDFS, and so
> shouldn't be running at all if you're using CephFS. Nor do I have any
> idea why you've changed anything in a way that tells the NameNode to
> bind to the monitor's IP address; none of the instructions that I see
> can do that, and they certainly shouldn't be.
> -Greg

Hi Greg,

I want to run a hadoop job (e.g. terasort) and want to use cephFS instead of
HDFS. In "Using Hadoop with cephFS" documentation in
http://ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/hadoop/ if you look into the Hadoop
configuration section, the first property fs.default.name has to be set as
the ceph URI and in the notes it's mentioned as ceph://[monaddr:port]/. My
core-site.xml of hadoop conf looks like this

<configuration>

<property>
    <name>fs.default.name</name>
    <value>ceph://10.242.144.225:6789</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
  <value>/app/hadoop/tmp</value>
  <description>A base for other temporary directories.</description>
</property>

<property>
    <name>fs.ceph.impl</name>
    <value>org.apache.hadoop.fs.ceph.CephFileSystem</value>
    <description>
    </description>
</property>

<property>
    <name>ceph.conf.file</name>
    <value>/etc/ceph/ceph.conf</value>
</property>

<property>
    <name>ceph.root.dir</name>
    <value>/</value>
</property>

<property>
    <name>ceph.mon.address</name>
    <value>10.242.144.225:6789</value>
    <description>This is the primary monitor node IP address in our
installation.</description>
</property>

<property>
    <name>ceph.auth.id</name>
    <value>admin</value>
</property>

<property>
    <name>ceph.auth.keyring</name>
    <value>/etc/ceph/ceph.client.admin.keyring</value>
</property>

<property>
    <name>ceph.object.size</name>
    <value>67108864</value>