Re: Ceph + Infiniband CLUS & PUB Network

Hi Robert,

How are you? Thanks a lot for the quick response. I would like to know if you could share some info on this. We have an existing Ceph cluster in production, with the following:

3 x MON servers with 10GbE ADPT DP (one port on the PUB network)
4 x OSD servers with 10GbE ADPT DP (one port on the PUB network and one port on the CLUS network)
We are using Juniper EX4500 at 10GbE

This cluster works fine but we need to improve performance on the network side, and we are going for other reason too, to implement Infiniband FDR 56Gb/s, I've spoke with Mellanox people and we are going to use (2) SX6036G gateway switches, so we can connect our existing ETH network (2 x 40G connections on each gateway), the gateways are going to be in an active/active configuration, also we are going to put one ADPT FDR DP on each node.

And then we are going to have two more switches SX6018F so use for CLUS Ceph network, and the PUB network of the Ceph nodes is going to be connected directly to the IB gateways switches. What considerations do we need to have in order to use IB with Ceph?, also, do you have any procedure to configure IB with Ceph?, like dependencies to install on the hosts, etc.

Any help will really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

German Anders

Storage System Engineer Leader