Re: Changing pg_num => RBD VM down !

>>We use Proxmox, so I think it uses librbd ?

As It's me that I made the proxmox rbd plugin, I can confirm that yes, it's librbd ;)

Is the ceph cluster on dedicated nodes ? or vms are running on same nodes than osd daemons ?

>>And I precise that not all VMs on that pool crashed, only some of them
>>(a large majority), and on a same host, some crashed and others not.

Is the vm crashed, like no more qemu process ?
or is it the guest os which is crashed ? (do you use virtio, virtio-scsi or ide for your guest ?)

On 03/16/2015 11:03 AM, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
> This is strange, that could be:
>
> - qemu crash, maybe a bug in rbd block storage (if you use librbd)
> - oom-killer on you host (any logs ?)
>
> what is your qemu version ?

Now, we have version 2.1.3.

Some VMs that stopped were running for a long time, but some other had
only 4 days uptime.