query about region and zone creation while configuring RADOSGW

hello all!

I am working on Ceph object storage architecture.
I have some queries:

In case of configuring federated system, we need to create regions containing one or more zones and the cluster must have a master region and each region must have a master zone.

but in case of simple gateway configuration, is there a need to create at least a region and a zone to store the data?

Please somebody reply my query.

Thank you

-----
Regards