Re: Stuck PGs blocked_by non-existent OSDs

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Samuel Just <sjust@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You'll probably have to recreate osds with the same ids (empty ones),
> let them boot, stop them, and mark them lost.  There is a feature in the
> tracker to improve this behavior: http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10976
> -Sam

Thanks Sam, I've readded the OSDs, they became unblocked but there are
still the same number of pgs stuck. I looked at them in some more
detail and it seems they all have num_bytes='0'. Tried a repair too,
for good measure. Still nothing I'm afraid.

Does this mean some underlying catastrophe has happened and they are
never going to recover? Following on, would that cause data loss.
There are no missing objects and I'm hoping there's appropriate
checksumming / replicas to balance that out, but now I'm not so sure.

Thanks again,
Joel