Ceph node operating system high availability and osd restoration best practices.

Hi,

I have a 4 node ceph cluster and the operating system used on the nodes is Ubuntu
14.04.

The ceph cluster currently has 12 osds spread across the 4 nodes. Currently
one of the nodes has been restored after an operating system file system corruption
which basically made the node and the osds on that particular node inaccessible to
the rest of the cluster

I had to re-install the operating system to make the node accessible and I am currently
in the process of restoring the osds on the re-installed node.

I have 3 questions

1) Is there any mechanism to provide Node Operating System high availability on a ceph cluster ?

2) Are there any best practices to follow while restoring the osds on a node that has been restored
after an operating system crash ?

3) Is there any way to check if the data stored on the ceph cluster is safe and has been replicated to
the other 3 nodes when one nodes crashed ?

Regards,
--
Vivek