adding osd node best practice

Hi guys,

I have few question regarding adding another osd node to cluster. I already have in production cluster with 7 mon, 72 osd, we are using mainly librados to interact with saved objects in ceph. Our osds are 3TB WD discs and they reside on two servers (36 osds per server) so long story short we have two storage nodes and performance is not outstanding one. We are planning to add another 2 storage nodes (with monitors as well). As the cluster is already in production we want to add node/nodes during maintenance window in the night. What is the fastest way, because we cannot afford long recovery times after maintenance window. So, should we add new node with 20 osds at once (or two of them), or split this action to more nights adding one osd per night or something similar? I can imagine strategy like disable recovery/backfill during day. I suppose that there is big difference between adding osd to already existing nodes which are in osd map and adding whole new storage node from recovery time point of view, am I wrong? Is there way how to calculate recovery times (without client interaction) ? Thanks for any advice or suggestion.