Re: Clustering a few NAS into a Ceph cluster

Hello Loïc,

It does exists ... but maybe not at the scale you are looking for :

http://www.fujitsu.com/global/products/computing/storage/eternus-cd/

I read a paper about their hardware, it seems like they work with
inktank (redhat) on this.

--
Thomas Lemarchand
Cloud Solutions SAS - Responsable des systèmes d'information

On mer., 2015-03-04 at 01:10 +0100, Loic Dachary wrote:
> Hi Ceph,
>
> Last week-end I discussed with a friend about a use case many of us thought about already: it would be cool to have a simple way to assemble Ceph aware NAS fresh from the store. I summarized the use case and interface we discussed here :
>
>   https://wiki.ceph.com/Clustering_a_few_NAS_into_a_Ceph_cluster
>
> It is far from polished but I hope it will trigger some discussions. The best of comments would be: "wait, that already exists at URL" ;-) But if that's not the case, maybe we can improve it.
>
> Cheers

believed to be clean.