De: "Adrian Sevcenco" <Adrian.Sevcenco@xxxxxxx>
À: "ceph-users" <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé: Mercredi 4 Mars 2015 18:30:31
Objet:  CEPH hardware recommendations and cluster design	questions

Hi! I seen the documentation
http://ceph.com/docs/master/start/hardware-recommendations/ but those
minimum requirements without some recommendations don't tell me much ...

So, from what i seen for mon and mds any cheap 6 core 16+ gb ram amd
would do ... what puzzles me is that "per daemon" construct ...
Why would i need/require to have multiple daemons? with separate servers
(3 mon + 1 mds - i understood that this is the requirement) i imagine
that each will run a single type of daemon.. did i miss something?
(beside that maybe is a relation between daemons and block devices and
for each block device should be a daemon?)

for mon and mds : would help the clients if these are on 10 GbE?

for osd : i plan to use a 36 disk server as osd server (ZFS RAIDZ3 all
disks + 2 ssds mirror for ZIL and L2ARC) - that would give me ~ 132 TB
how much ram i would really need? (128 gb would be way to much i think)
(that RAIDZ3 for 36 disks is just a thought - i have also choices like:
2 X 18 RAIDZ2 ; 34 disks RAIDZ3 + 2 hot spare)

Regarding journal and scrubbing : by using ZFS i would think that i can
safely not use the CEPH ones ... is this ok?

Do you have some other advises and recommendations for me? (the
read:writes ratios will be 10:1)

Thank you!!
Adrian