Re: too few pgs in cache tier

On 27/02/2015, at 17.04, Udo Lembke <ulembke@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ceph health detail
> HEALTH_WARN pool ssd-archiv has too few pgs
Slightly different I had an issue with my Ceph Cluster underneath a PVE cluster yesterday.

Had two Ceph pools for RBD virt disks, vm_images (boot hdd images) + rbd_data (extra hdd images).

Then while adding pools for a rados GW (.rgw.*) suddenly health status said that my vm_images pool had too few PGs, thus I ran:

ceph osd pool set vm_images pg_num <larger_number>
ceph osd pool set vm_images pgp_num <larger_number>

Kicking off a 20 min rebalancing with a lot of IO in the Ceph Cluster, eventually Ceph Cluster was fine again, only almost all my PVE VMs ended up in stopped state, wondering why, a watchdog thingy maybe...

/Steffen