Clarification of SSD journals for BTRFS rotational HDD

I tried finding an answer to this on Google, but couldn't find it.

Since BTRFS can parallel the journal with the write, does it make
sense to have the journal on the SSD (because then we are forcing two
writes instead of one)?

Our plan is to have a caching tier of SSDs in front of our rotational
HDDs and it sounds like the improvements in Hammer will really help
here. If we can take the journals off the SSDs, that just opens up a
bit more space for caching (albeit not much). It specifically makes
the configuration of the host much simpler and a single SSD doesn't
take out 5 HHDs.

Thanks,
Robert LeBlanc