Re: Ceph Dumpling/Firefly/Hammer SSD/Memstore performance comparison

Hi Stephen,

It's a benchmark automation tool we wrote that builds a ceph cluster and then runs benchmarks against it. It's still pretty rough (no real error checking, no documentation, etc). We have some partners that are interested in using it too and I'd like to make it useful for the community so we're going to try to make it a bit more accessible.

cbt is here:

https://github.com/ceph/ceph-tools/tree/master/cbt

We've also been using it to prototype nightly performance testing of firefly and master for the last month or two on some of our lab nodes. The cron job and test suites are here:

https://github.com/ceph/ceph-tools/tree/master/regression

Mark