Dedicated disks for monitor and mds?

Hi,

I'm trying to plan the hardware for a little ceph cluster.
We don't have a lot of financial means. In addition, we will
have to pay attention to the electric consumption. At first,
it will probably be a cluster with 3 physical servers and
on each server will be osd node and monitor node (and maybe
mds node). It will probably be a ceph cluster of ~ 8 TB (raw size).

I have read this page :

http://ceph.com/docs/master/start/hardware-recommendations/

but I still have questions:

1. I have read "10 GB per daemon for the monitor". But is
I/O disk performance important for a monitor? Is it unreasonable
to put the working directory of the monitor in the same partition
of the root filesystem (ie /)?

2. I have exactly the same question for the mds daemon.

I'm asking these questions because if these daemons must have
dedicated disks, with the OS too, it consumes disks which could
not be used for osd daemons.

Off chance, here is my third question:

3. Is there a web site which lists precise examples of hardwares
"ceph-approved" by "ceph-users" with the kernel and ceph version?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards.

--
François Lafont