Re: Ceph Supermicro hardware recommendation

On 02/08/2015 10:41 PM, Scott Laird wrote:
Does anyone have a good recommendation for per-OSD memory for EC?  My EC
test blew up in my face when my OSDs suddenly spiked to 10+ GB per OSD
process as soon as any reconstruction was needed.  Which (of course)
caused OSDs to OOM, which meant more reconstruction, which fairly
immediately led to a dead cluster.  This was with Giant.  Is this typical?

Doh, that shouldn't happen. Can you reproduce it? Would be especially nice if we could get a core dump or if you could make it happen under valgrind. If the CPUs are spinning, even a perf report might prove useful.

On Fri Feb 06 2015 at 2:41:50 AM Mohamed Pakkeer <mdfakkeer@xxxxxxxxx