Re: Status of SAMBA VFS

On Fri, 6 Feb 2015, Dennis Kramer (DT) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is the Samba VFS module for CephFS actively maintained at this moment?
> I haven't seen much updates in the ceph/samba git repo.

You should really ignore the ceph/samba fork; it isn't used.  The Ceph VFS
driver is upstream in Samba and maintained there.

That said, it isn't being actively developed at the moment, but I'm hoping
to change that shortly!  We do some basic nightly testing in the ceph lab
but I'd be very interested in hearing about users' experiences.

Thanks!
sage