Re: client unable to access files after caching pool addition

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 10:23 AM, J-P Methot <jpmethot@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to add a caching pool in front of openstack vms and volumes pools. I
> believed that the process was transparent, but as soon as I set the caching
> for both of these pools, the VMs could not find their volumes anymore.
> Obviously when I undid my changes, everything went back to normal.
>
> Could it be an authorization issue? Would the openstack vms need to connect
> to the caching pool instead of the storage pools to be able to access their
> volumes? Or is the configuration supposed to stay the same and the process
> is supposed to be completely transparent?

The clients need access to the caching pool as well, since they're
going to route requests to it instead of the base pool going forward.
This doesn't require redistributing keys or anything, but does require
updating the client auth caps in the monitor.
-Greg