Re: cephfs not mounting on boot

In the absence of other clues, you might want to try checking that the
network is coming up before ceph tries to mount.

Now I think on it, that might just be it - I seem to recall a similar problem
with cifs mounts, despite having the _netdev option. I had to issue a mount in
/etc/network/if-up.d/

I'll test than and get back to you

We had similar issues. As you don't say which version you are using, this is
what should be in /sbin/mount.fuse.ceph:

   # strip out '_netdev' option; libfuse doesn't like it
   opts=`echo $opts | sed 's/,_netdev//' | sed 's/_netdev,//'

It used to be missing in some earlier version (we are currently on 0.80.7) and
we made sure to patch it in during our Ansible setup, if it is not present.

This is where the patch comes from:

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/commit/9ac264a856dc68090f9ecf0fb23319429490f829#diff-d4afd4fceb081fb97b3bc47aab999381

Hope that helps!
Daniel