Re: Question about primary OSD of a pool

Hello Dennis,

You can create CRUSH rule to select one of osd as primary as:
 rule ssd-primary {
              ruleset 5
              type replicated
              min_size 5
              max_size 10
              step take ssd
              step chooseleaf firstn 1 type host
              step emit
              step take platter
              step chooseleaf firstn -1 type host
              step emit
      }
Above will select a OSD from ssd bucket as Primary and all secondary OSD from bucket platter.

You can find more details about CRUSH map at http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/crush-map/ .

Regards,
Sudarshan

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Dennis Chen <kernel.org.gnu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Sudarshan,

Some hints for doing that ?

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 1:03 PM, Sudarshan Pathak <sushan.pth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> BTW, you can make crush to always choose the same OSD as primary.
>
> Regards,
> Sudarshan
>
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Dennis Chen <kernel.org.gnu@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, I've have the answer with the 'ceph osd map ...' command
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 12:50 AM, Jean-Charles Lopez <jelopez@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > You can verify the exact mapping using the following command: ceph osd
>> > map {poolname} {objectname}
>> >
>> > Check page http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/man/8/ceph for the ceph
>> > command.
>> >
>> > Cheers