Re: No auto-mount of OSDs after server reboot

On 29/01/15 15:05, Alexis KOALLA wrote:
> Issue: The servers that host the OSDs have rebooted and we have observed
> that after the reboot there is no auto mount of OSD devices and we need
> to manually performed the mount and then start the OSD as below:
>
> 1- [root@osd.0] mount /dev/sdb2 /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-0
> 2- [root@osd.0] start ceph-osd id=0
>
> After performing the two commands above the OSD is up again.

You don't mention what Linux distribution you're running, but if it's
Debian Wheezy (or perhaps other sysvinit-based distros), check that you
have a file simply named 'sysvinit' in the top level directory of each
of your OSDs (where you also find the 'whoami' file).