Survey re journals on SSD vs co-located on spinning rust

My apologies if this has been covered ad-naseum in the past; I wasn't finding a lot of relevant archived info.

I'm curious how may people are using

1) OSD's on spinning disks, with journals on SSD's -- how many journals per SSD?  4-5?

2) OSD's on spinning disks, with [10GB] journals co-located at the logical end of each disk.

LFF disks or SFF?  JBOD HBA's or RAID HBA's with cache?

For those running co-located journals, am curious if you're mounting XFS with the inode64 flag, and if you're providing block storage for VM's, if you have any issues with slow requests crashing VM's, or with OSD add/remove/backfill operations precipitating lots of slow requests.

Please reply to me, not the list, and I'll summarize.  Thanks.

-- me