Re: Ceph File System Question

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 6:13 AM, John Spray <john.spray@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Raj,

The note is still valid, but the filesystem is getting more stable all the time.  Some people are using it, especially in an active/passive configuration with a single active MDS.  If you do choose to do some testing, use the most recent stable release of Ceph and the most recent linux kernel you can.

Thanks,
John

For what it's worth, I've had much more stability with the FUSE client than the kernel client. I know there have been lots of bugfixes in the kernel client recently, though, so I'd be interested in hearing how that works for you if you try it.

I run a single MDS, and haven't had any issues at all since switching to the FUSE client :)

-Aaron