Re: slow read-performance inside the vm

Title: RE: slow read-performance inside the vm

Hello again,

thank all for the very very helpful advices.

Now i have reinstalled my ceph cluster.

Three nodes with ceph version 0.80.7 and for every single disk an osd. The journal will be saved on a ssd.

My ceph.conf

[global]

fsid = bceade34-3c54-4a35-a759-7af631a19df7

mon_initial_members = ceph01

mon_host = 10.0.0.20,10.0.0.21,10.0.0.22

auth_cluster_required = cephx

auth_service_required = cephx

auth_client_required = cephx

filestore_xattr_use_omap = true

public_network = 10.0.0.0/24

cluster_network = 10.0.1.0/24

osd_pool_default_size = 2

osd_pool_default_min_size = 1

osd_pool_default_pg_num = 4096

osd_pool_default_pgp_num = 4096

filestore_max_sync_interval = 30

ceph osd tree

 -1 6.76 root default

-2 2.44 host ceph01

0 0.55 osd.0 up 1

3 0.27 osd.3 up 1

4 0.27 osd.4 up 1

5 0.27 osd.5 up 1

6 0.27 osd.6 up 1

7 0.27 osd.7 up 1

1 0.27 osd.1 up 1

2 0.27 osd.2 up 1

-3 2.16 host ceph02

9 0.27 osd.9 up 1

11 0.27 osd.11 up 1

12 0.27 osd.12 up 1

13 0.27 osd.13 up 1

14 0.27 osd.14 up 1

15 0.27 osd.15 up 1

8 0.27 osd.8 up 1

10 0.27 osd.10 up 1

-4 2.16 host ceph03

17 0.27 osd.17 up 1

18 0.27 osd.18 up 1

19 0.27 osd.19 up 1

20 0.27 osd.20 up 1

21 0.27 osd.21 up 1

22 0.27 osd.22 up 1

23 0.27 osd.23 up 1

16 0.27 osd.16 up 1

rados bench -p kvm 50 write --no-cleanup

Total time run: 50.494855

Total writes made: 1180

Write size: 4194304

Bandwidth (MB/sec): 93.475

Stddev Bandwidth: 16.3955

Max bandwidth (MB/sec): 112

Min bandwidth (MB/sec): 0

Average Latency: 0.684571

Stddev Latency: 0.216088

Max latency: 1.86831

Min latency: 0.234673

rados bench -p kvm 50 seq

Total time run: 15.009855

Total reads made: 1180

Read size: 4194304

Bandwidth (MB/sec): 314.460

Average Latency: 0.20296

Max latency: 1.06341

Min latency: 0.02983

I am really happy, these values above are enough for my little amount of vms. Inside the vms I get now for write 80mb/s and read 130mb/s, with write-cache enabled.

But there is one little problem.

Are there some tuning parameters for small files?

For 4kb to 50kb files the cluster is very slow.

thank you

best regards