Re: Journals on all SSD cluster

> From my last benchmark,
>>Using which version of Ceph?

It was with giant (big improvements with threads sharding, so you can use more cores by osd)

>>That was with replication of 1, if I remember right?
for reads, I don't have too much difference with replication 1,2 or 3, but my client was cpu limited

for write:

replication x1 : 22000iops
            x2  : 14000 iops
            x3   : 9000iops

(osd cpu was clearly the bottleneck for writes)

Certainly better than spinning rust, but as I said back than, 3 nodes and
6 SSDs to barely get the write performance of a single SSD.

>>Any reason for the S3500s, other than the obvious (price)?
yes, the price ;)
we are going to use new 1,6TB s3500. ( endurance 880 TBW)

>>As in, expecting a light write load?
Yes, indeed, we don't have too much write load. (80%read / 20%write)