Re: Ceph, LIO, VMWARE anyone?

Guiseppe,

despite the fact I like SCST, I did a comparable setup with LIO (and the
respective RBD LIO Backend) in userspace. It spans over at least three
"bridge" nodes without any problems.
In contrast to "usual" (two controller, one backplane) iSCSI portals, I
have to discover every single portal on it's own. So the multipath-part
is a little more work, but not that challenging...

After a little more research, I'm going to hold a talk at the Chemnitzer
Linuxtage about this topic.
Please leave me a PM if you wan't to peek into the (currently not
completely ready) slides.

> I'm working on a lab setup regarding Ceph serving rbd images as ISCSI
> datastores to VMWARE via a LIO box. Is there someone that already did
> something similar wanting to share some knowledge? Any production
> deployments? What about LIO's HA and luns' performances?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Stephan Seitz

--

Heinlein Support GmbH
Schwedter Str. 8/9b, 10119 Berlin

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-44
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG: HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht
Berlin-Charlottenburg,