Re: Spark/Mesos on top of Ceph/Btrfs

Hey

What do you want to use from Ceph? RBD? CephFS?

It is not really clear, you mentioned ceph/btfrs which makes me either think of using btrfs for OSD store or btrfs on top of a RBD device.
Later you mentioned HDFS, does that mean you want to use CephFS?

I don’t know much about Mesos, but what is so specific about Mesos that make you think that you will experience trouble using it with Ceph?

> On 13 Jan 2015, at 14:25, James <wireless@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>

> I was wondering if anyone has Mesos running on top of Ceph?
> I want to test/use Ceph if lieu of HDFS.
>

> I'm working on Gentoo, but any experiences with Mesos on Ceph
> are of keen interest to me as related to performance, stability
> and any difficulties experienced.
>

> James

Cheers.
––––
Sébastien Han
Cloud Architect

"Always give 100%. Unless you're giving blood."

Phone: +33 (0)1 49 70 99 72
Mail: sebastien.han@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Address : 11 bis, rue Roquépine - 75008 Paris
Web : www.enovance.com - Twitter : @enovance