Re: CRUSH question - failing to rebalance after failure test

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015, Christopher Kunz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [redirecting back to list]
> > Oh, it could be that... can you include the output from 'ceph osd tree'?
> > That's a more concise view that shows up/down, weight, and in/out.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > sage
> >

> root@cepharm17:~# ceph osd tree
> # id	weight	type name	up/down	reweight
> -1	0.52	root default
> -21	0.16		chassis board0
> -2	0.032			host cepharm11
> 0	0.032				osd.0	up	1
> -3	0.032			host cepharm12
> 1	0.032				osd.1	up	1
> -4	0.032			host cepharm13
> 2	0.032				osd.2	up	1
> -5	0.032			host cepharm14
> 3	0.032				osd.3	up	1
> -6	0.032			host cepharm16
> 4	0.032				osd.4	up	1
> -22	0.18		chassis board1
> -7	0.03			host cepharm18
> 5	0.03				osd.5	up	1
> -8	0.03			host cepharm19
> 6	0.03				osd.6	up	1
> -9	0.03			host cepharm20
> 7	0.03				osd.7	up	1
> -10	0.03			host cepharm21
> 8	0.03				osd.8	up	1
> -11	0.03			host cepharm22
> 9	0.03				osd.9	up	1
> -12	0.03			host cepharm23
> 10	0.03				osd.10	up	1
> -23	0.18		chassis board2
> -13	0.03			host cepharm25
> 11	0.03				osd.11	up	1
> -14	0.03			host cepharm26
> 12	0.03				osd.12	up	1
> -15	0.03			host cepharm27
> 13	0.03				osd.13	up	1
> -16	0.03			host cepharm28
> 14	0.03				osd.14	up	1
> -17	0.03			host cepharm29
> 15	0.03				osd.15	up	1
> -18	0.03			host cepharm30
> 16	0.03				osd.16	up	1

Okay, it sounds like something is not quite right then.  Can you attach
the OSDMap once it is in the not-quite-repaired state?  And/or try
setting 'ceph osd crush tunables optimal' and see if that has any
effect?

> I am working on one of these boxes:
> <http://www.ambedded.com.tw/pt_spec.php?P_ID=20141109001>
> So, each chassis is one 7-node board (with a shared 1gbe switch and
> shared electrical supply), and I figured each board is definitely a
> separate failure domain.

Cute!  That kind of looks like 3 sleds of 7 in one chassis though?  Or am
I looking at the wrong thing?

sage