Re: PG num calculator live on Ceph.com

Ah, so I've been doing it wrong all this time (I thought we had to take the size multiple into account ourselves).

Thanks!

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 4:25 PM, Michael J. Kidd <michael.kidd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Christopher,
  Keep in mind that the PGs per OSD (and per pool) calculations take into account the replica count ( pool size= parameter ).  So, for example.. if you're using a default of 3 replicas.. 16 * 3 = 48 PGs which allows for at least one PG per OSD on that pool.  Even with a size=2, 32 PGs total still gives very close to 1 PG per OSD.  Being that it's such a low utilization pool, this is still sufficient.

Thanks,
Michael J. Kidd
Sr. Storage Consultant
Inktank Professional Services