If its the only think in your pool, you could try deleting the pool instead.

I found that to be faster in my testing; I had created 500TB when I meant to create 500GB.

Note for the Devs: I would be nice if rbd create/resize would accept sizes with units (i.e. MB GB TB PB, etc).

On 2015-01-04 08:45, Edwin Peer wrote:
Hi there,

I did something stupid while growing an rbd image. I accidentally
mistook the units of the resize command for bytes instead of megabytes
and grew an rbd image to 650PB instead of 650GB. This all happened
instantaneously enough, but trying to rectify the mistake is not going
nearly as well.

<snip>
ganymede ~ # rbd resize --size 665600 --allow-shrink
client-disk-img0/vol-x318644f-0
Resizing image: 1% complete...
</snip>

It took a couple days before it started showing 1% complete and has
been stuck on 1% for a couple more. At this rate, I should be able to
shrink the image back to the intended size in about 2016.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Edwin Peer

You can just delete the rbd header. See Sebastien's excellent blog:

http://www.sebastien-han.fr/blog/2013/12/12/rbd-image-bigger-than-your-ceph-cluster/

Jake