Re: OSDs with btrfs are down

On 2015-01-04 08:21, Jiri Kanicky wrote:

More googling took me to the following post:
http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2014-June/040279.html

Linux 3.14.1 is affected by serious Btrfs regression(s) that were fixed in
later releases.

Unfortunately even latest Linux can crash and corrupt Btrfs file system if OSDs are using snapshots (which is the default). Due to kernel bugs related to Btrfs snapshots I also lost some OSDs until I found that snapshotting can be
disabled with "filestore btrfs snap = false".

I am wondering if this can be the problem.

Very interesting... I think I was just hit with that over night.  :)

Yes, I would definitely recommend turning off snapshots. I'm going to do that myself now.

Have you tested the memory in your server lately? Memtest86+ on the ram, and badblocks on the SSD swap partition?