Re: Marking a OSD a new in the OSDMap

Hi Wido,

FWIW the last time I had a failed disk I just removed the old OSD and created a new one with the same ID, and it only rebalanced the "new" OSD. But I'll admit that I didn't pay much attention to the process.

If you just want to reformat the disk you have to be carefull with the Journal. As long as you maintain all it's contents, except the "current/" it should be OK. But as always I would test first in a lab.