Crush Map and SSD Pools

I looked at the section for setting up different pools with different OSD's (e.g SSD Pool):

http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/crush-map/#placing-different-pools-on-different-osds

And it seems to make the assumption that the ssd's and platters all live on separate hosts.

Not the case at all for my setup and I imagine for most people I have ssd's mixed with platters on the same hosts.

In that case should one have the root buckets referencing buckets not based on hosts, e.g, something like this:

# devices

# Platters

device 0 osd.0

device 1 osd.1