Re: 1256 OSD/21 server ceph cluster performance issues.

Thanks for the reply Gegory,

Sorry if this is in the wrong direction or something. Maybe I do not understand

To test uploads I either use bash time and either python-swiftclient or boto key.set_contents_from_filename to the radosgw. I was unaware that radosgw had any type of throttle settings in the configuration (I can't seem to find any either).  As for rbd mounts I test by creating a 1TB mount and writing a file to it through time+cp or dd. Not the most accurate test but I think should be good enough as a quick functionality test. So for writes, it's more for functionality than performance. I would think a basic functionality test should yield more than 8mb/s though.

As for checking admin sockets: I have actually, I set the 3rd gateways debug_civetweb to 10 as well as debug_rgw to 5 but I still do not see anything that stands out. The snippet of the log I pasted has these values set. I did the same for an osd that is marked as slow (1112). All I can see in the log for the osd are ticks and heartbeat responses though, nothing that shows any issues. Finally I did it for the primary monitor node to see if I would see anything there with debug_mon set to 5 (http://pastebin.com/hhnaFac1). I do not really see anything that would stand out as a failure (like a fault or timeout error).

What kind of throttler limits do you mean? I didn't/don't see any mention of rgw throttler limits in the ceph.com docs or admin socket just osd/ filesystem throttle like inode/flusher limits, do you mean these? I have not messed with these limits yet on this cluster, do you think it would help?