Re: Query about osd pool default flags & hashpspool

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Abhishek L
<abhishek.lekshmanan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was going through various conf options to customize a ceph cluster and
> came across `osd pool default flags` in pool-pg config ref[1]. Though
> the value specifies an integer, though I couldn't find a mention of
> possible values this can take in the docs. Looking a bit deeper onto
> ceph sources [2] a bunch of options are seen at osd_types.h which
> resemble
>
> FLAG_HASHPSPOOL = 1<<0, // hash pg seed and pool together (instead of adding)
> FLAG_FULL = 1<<1, // pool is full
> FLAG_DEBUG_FAKE_EC_POOL = 1<<2, // require ReplicatedPG to act like an EC pg
> FLAG_INCOMPLETE_CLONES = = 1<<3, // may have incomplete clones (bc we are/were an overlay)
>
> Are these the configurable options for the osd pool flags? Also in
> particular what does the `hashpspool' option do?

Yes, I think those are your options. Don't set this value. If you want
to set the hashpspool, use the dedicated flag for that ("osd pool
default flag hashpspool = true"). It's enabled by default (so you
shouldn't change it anyway) and changes how PGs are placed in a way
that makes them more random when there are multiple pools. The other
values are for internal or debugging use only.
-Greg