Problems running ceph commands.on custom linux system

Hi,

I'm having a problem running commands such as `ceph --help` and `ceph -s`. These commands output the expected information, but then they hang indefinitely.

Using strace I have found that the system seems to get stuck with futex operations running and timing out repeatedly. However I'm unsure why these futex things appear
as I haven't had this problem before.

The output of strace is in this pastebin: http://pastebin.com/AZLA2w39

Has anyone found this problem at any point? Or does anyone have any ideas about what might be going on?

I'm using ceph v0.88 and built it from source on a custom linux system.

Thanks,

Patrick