Re: Trying to rebuild cephfs and mds's

I forgot to mention I’m using v0.87 Giant.

-Glen

From: ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Glen Aidukas
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2014 11:35 AM
To: 'ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Trying to rebuild cephfs and mds's

Hello,

I’m running into a problem with a new cluster were I setup two MDS hosts and created the pools (cephfs_data & cephfs_metadata) and it worked for a couple of days but it looks like I did something that caused it to fail and I’m now trying to just rebuild it.

I’ve tried to delete the pools cephfs_data & cephfs_metadata but it complains that they are in use, so I then tried removing the MDS hosts (not sure I did this correctly).  At the moment, I’m still not sure how to fix this.

My main question is, how to I properly remove the MDS daemons, and remove the pools (cephfs_data & cephfs_metadata) so that I can start over?

Thanks!

-Glen