差出人: "Xiaoxi Chen" <xiaoxi.chen@xxxxxxxxx>
宛先: "Haomai Wang" <haomaiwang@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Satoru Funai" <satoru.funai@xxxxxxxxx>, ceph-users@xxxxxxxx
送信済み: 2014年12月1日, 月曜日 午後 11:26:56
件名: RE: LevelDB support status is still experimental on Giant?

Range query is not that important in nowadays SSD----you can see very high read random read IOPS in ssd spec, and getting higher day by day.The key problem here is trying to exactly matching one query(get/put) to one SSD IO(read/write), eliminate the read/write amplification. We kind of believe OpenNvmKV may be the right approach.

Back to the context of Ceph,  can we find some use case of nowadays key-value backend?  We would like to learn from community what’s the workload pattern if you wants a K-V backed Ceph? Or just have a try?  I think before we get a suitable DB backend ,we had better off to optimize the key-value backend code to support specified kind of load.