Re: Deleting buckets and objects fails to reduce reported cluster usage

On 2014-11-27 09:38, Yehuda Sadeh wrote:
On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 2:32 PM, b <b@benjackson.email> wrote:
I've been deleting a bucket which originally had 60TB of data in it, with
our cluster doing only 1 replication, the total usage was 120TB.

I've been deleting the objects slowly using S3 browser, and I can see the bucket usage is now down to around 2.5TB or 5TB with duplication, but the
usage in the cluster has not changed.

I've looked at garbage collection (radosgw-admin gc list --include all) and
it just reports square brackets "[]"

I've run radosgw-admin temp remove --date=2014-11-20, and it doesn't appear
to have any effect.

Is there a way to check where this space is being consumed?

Running 'ceph df' the USED space in the buckets pool is not showing any of
the 57TB that should have been freed up from the deletion so far.

Running 'radosgw-admin bucket stats | jshon | grep size_kb_actual' and
adding up all the buckets usage, this shows that the space has been freed
from the bucket, but the cluster is all sorts of messed up.

ANY IDEAS? What can I look at?

Can you run 'radosgw-admin gc list --include-all'?

Yehuda

I've done it before, and it just returns square brackets [] (see below)

radosgw-admin gc list --include-all
[]