What is the state of filestore sloppy CRC?

Hello,
as far as I can tell, Ceph does not make any guarantee that reads from an object return what was actually written to it. In other words, it does not check data integrity (except doing deep-scrub once every few days). Considering the fact that BTRFS is not production-ready, not many people use Ceph on top of ZFS, then the only option to have some sort of guarantee of integrity is to enable "filestore sloppy crc" option. Unfortunately the docs aren't too clear about this matter and "filestore sloppy crc" is not even documented, which is weird considering it's merged since Emperor.

Getting back to my actual question - what is the state of "filestore sloppy crc"? Does someone actually use it in production? Are there any considerations one should make before enabling it? Is it safe to enable it on an existing cluster?

--
Tomasz Kuzemko
tomasz@xxxxxxxxxxx