Re: slow requests/blocked

Hi Jeff,

it would probably wise to first check what these slow requests are:
1) ceph health detail -> This will tell you which OSDs are experiencing the slow requests
2) ceph daemon osd.{id} dump_ops_in_flight -> To be issued on one of the above OSDs will tell you what theses ops are waiting for.

My fair guess is that either you have a network problem or some other drives in your cluster are about to die or are experiencing write errors causing retries and slowing the request processing.

Just to be sure, if your drives are SMART capable, use smartctl to look ate the stats for the drives you will have potentially identified in the steps above.

Regards
JC