Re: How to collect ceph linux rbd log

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 6:47 AM, lijian <blacker1981@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to collect linux kernel rbd log, I know it use the dout() method to
> debug after I read the linux kernel code,
> But how to enable it and where I can find it?

echo 9 > /proc/sysrq-trigger
echo 'module rbd +p' > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control

with privileges of course.  It will log to the kernel ring buffer
(dmesg(1) + whatever persistent log files your distribution pulls that
into).

Also, you can choose which debug statements to enable to reduce the
amount of output - see Documentation/dynamic-debug-howto.txt in the
kernel tree.

Thanks,

                Ilya