bucket cleanup speed

Hi All.

Running a Ceph Cluster (firefly) ceph version 0.80.5

We use ceph mainly for backups via the radosGW at the moment.

There had to be an account deleted/bucket removed which had a very large number of objects and was about 60TB in space.

We have been monitoring it for days now, and the data is purging but very very slowly. We are actually putting new backups in much faster than the old data is being removed.

As we are doing a lot of work with backups and aging out data we need to find a way to improve the cleanup process.

Is there a way to improve the purge/clean performance?
Is the clean/purge performance impacted by disk thread ioprio class setting?

Any advice or tunables to improve the removal of data is appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel