InInstalling ceph on a single machine with cephdeploy ubuntu 14.04 64 bit

Hi,

I am unable to figure out how to install and deploy ceph on a single machine with ceph deploy. I have ubuntu 14.04 - 64 bit installed in a virtual machine (on windows 8.1 through VMware player)  and have installed devstack on ubuntu. I am trying to install ceph on the same machine (Ubuntu) and interface with openstack. I have tried the following steps but it says that mkcephfs does not exist and I read that it is deprecated and ceph - deploy is there. But documentation talks about multiple nodes. I am lost as to how to use ceph deploy and install and setup ceph on a single machine. Pl guide me. I tried the following steps earlier which was given for mkcephfs.

<<( reference http://eu.ceph.com/docs/wip-6919/start/quick-start/ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ceph (2) Execute hostname -s on the command line to retrieve the name of your host. Then, replace {hostname} in the sample configuration file with your host name. Execute ifconfig on the command line to retrieve the IP address of your host. Then, replace {ip-address} with the IP address of your host. Finally, copy the contents of the modified configuration file and save it to /etc/ceph/ceph.conf. This file will configure Ceph to operate a monitor, two OSD daemons and one metadata server on your local machin

[osd] osd journal size = 1000 filestore xattr use omap = true

# Execute $ hostname to retrieve the name of your host,
# and replace {hostname} with the name of your host.
# For the monitor, replace {ip-address} with the IP
# address of your host.

[mon.a]

host = {hostname}
mon addr = {ip-address}:6789

[osd.0] host = {hostname}

[osd.1] host = {hostname}

[mds.a] host = {hostname}

sudo mkdir /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-0 sudo mkdir /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1 sudo mkdir /var/lib/ceph/mon/ceph-a sudo mkdir /var/lib/ceph/mds/ceph-a

cd /etc/ceph sudo mkcephfs -a -c /etc/ceph/ceph.conf -k ceph.keyring

sudo service ceph start ceph health

Regards

Sent from Windows Mail