Re: emperor -> firefly 0.80.7 upgrade problem

Hi Sam,

> Sounds like you needed osd 20.  You can mark osd 20 lost.
> -Sam

Does not work:

# ceph osd lost 20 --yes-i-really-mean-it
osd.20 is not down or doesn't exist

Also, here is an interesting post which I will follow from October:
http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2014-October/044059.html

"
Hello, all. I got some advice from the IRC channel (thanks bloodice!) that I
temporarily reduce the min_size of my cluster (size = 2) from 2 down to 1.
That immediately caused all of my incomplete PGs to start recovering and
everything seemed to come back OK. I was serving out and RBD from here and
xfs_repair reported no problems. So... happy ending?

What started this all was that I was altering my CRUSH map causing significant
rebalancing on my cluster which had size = 2. During this process I lost an
OSD (osd.10) and eventually ended up with incomplete PGs. Knowing that I only
lost 1 osd I was pretty sure that I hadn't lost any data I just couldn't get
the PGs to recover without changing the min_size.
"

It is good that this worked for him, but it also seems like a bug that it
worked!  (I.e. ceph should have been able to recover on its own without weird
workarounds.)

I'll let you know if this works for me!

Thanks,
Chad.