Re: Crash with rados cppool and snapshots

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 4:48 AM, Daniel Schneller
<daniel.schneller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Apart from the current "there is a bug" part, is the idea to copy a snapshot
> into a new pool a viable one for a full-backup-restore?

Well, kinda? I mean, it's funneling everything through a single node
and relies on being able to copy the whole pool in a reasonable amount
of time. Maybe that's a feasible assumption for your deployment target
sizes, but it's not one I'm super-comfortable recommending to people.
You might want to explore the RGW geo-replication/federation
functionality, although that does have the caveat that it won't get
you point-in-time consistency.
-Greg