Re: Full backup/restore of Ceph cluster?

Hi.

I changed the script and added it multithreaded archiver.
See: http://www.theirek.com/blog/2014/10/26/primier-biekapa-rbd-ustroistva

>>What if I just wanted to back up a running cluster without having another cluster to replicate to

Yes, import is optionnal,

you can simply export and pipe to tar

rbd export-diff --from-snap snap1 pool/image@snap2 - | tar ....