Re: cephfs survey results

On 05/11/14 10:58, Mark Nelson wrote:
On 11/04/2014 03:11 PM, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
Heh, not necessarily - I put multi mds in there, as we want the cephfs
part to be of similar to the rest of ceph in its availability.

Maybe its because we are looking at plugging it in with an Openstack
setup and for that you want everything to 'just look after itself'. If
on the other hand we were wanting merely an nfs replacement, then sure
multi mds not so important there.

Do you need active/active or is active/passive good enough?

That is of course a good question. We are certainly seeing active/active as much better - essentially because all the other bits are, and it avoids the need to wake people up to change things. Does that make it essential? I'm not 100% sure, it might just be a nice to have that is so nice that we'll wait for it to be there!

Cheers

Mark