Re: giant release osd down

On 04/11/14 03:02, Sage Weil wrote:
On Mon, 3 Nov 2014, Mark Kirkwood wrote:

Ah, I missed that thread.  Sounds like three separate bugs:

- pool defaults not used for initial pools
- osd_mkfs_type not respected by ceph-disk
- osd_* settings not working

The last one is a real shock; I would expect all kinds of things to break
very badly if the [osd] section config behavior was not working.

I wonder if this sort of thing has escaped notice because ceph-deploy seems to plonk stuff into [global] only, I guess this acts as an implicit encouragement to have everything in there (e.g I note in our production setup that we have the rbd_cache* settings in [global] instead of [client]).

regards

Mark