Re: emperor -> firefly 0.80.7 upgrade problem

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 12:28 PM, Chad Seys <cwseys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday, November 03, 2014 13:50:05 you wrote:
>> >
>> > Alas, I have not yet noticed a pattern.  Only thing I think is true is
>> > that they go down when I first make CRUSH changes.  Then after
>> > restarting, they run without going down again.
>> > All the OSDs are running at the moment.
>>
>> Oh, interesting. What CRUSH changes exactly are you making that are
>> spawning errors?
>
> Maybe I miswrote:  I've been marking OUT OSDs with blocked requests.  Then if
> a OSD becomes too_full I use 'ceph osd reweight' to squeeze blocks off of the
> too_full OSD.  (Maybe that is not technically a CRUSH map change?)

No, it is a change, I just want to make sure I understand the
scenario. So you're reducing CRUSH weights on full OSDs, and then
*other* OSDs are crashing on these bad state machine events?

>> I don't think it should matter, although I confess I'm not sure how
>> much monitor load the scrubbing adds. (It's a monitor check; doesn't
>> hit the OSDs at all.)
>
> $ ceph scrub
> No output.

Oh, yeah, I think that output goes to the central log at a later time.
(Will show up in ceph -w if you're watching, or can be accessed from
the monitor nodes; in their data directory I think?)