Re: where to download 0.87 RPMS?

On 11/01/2014 05:10 AM, Patrick McGarry wrote:
> As I understand it SUSE does their own builds of things. Just on
> cursory examination it looks like the following repo uses Firefly:
>
> https://susestudio.com/a/HVbCUu/master-ceph

This is Jan Kalcic's ceph appliance, using packages from:

  http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jkalcic:/ceph/

These are built from
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:jkalcic:ceph (firefly
0.80.1), which is building against SLE 11 SP3.

We've got a slightly newer Firefly (0.80.5) in
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/filesystems/ceph which is
building for several versions of openSUSE, but SLES is not presently
enabled (I'm not sure why offhand :-/)

IIRC there was some discussion among a few of us about having a specific
subproject (filesystems:ceph) on build.opensuse.org, where we could
offer builds of ceph for various different SUSE Linuxen without
implicitly pulling in the 100-odd non-ceph-related packages from the
filesystems repo.  I'll see about chasing this up.

> and there is some Calamari work going in here:
> https://susestudio.com/a/eEqfPk/calamari-opensuse-13-1

This is a Calamari appliance I was experimenting with, using packages from:

  http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/systemsmanagement:/calamari/

These are quite current, and are built from
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/systemsmanagement:calamari (the
calamari stuff is only building for openSUSE, but salt and diamond here
are building for SLE 11 SP3, so as to allow SLE 11 SP3 ceph clusters to
hook up to a calamari server running on openSUSE).

> My guess is that the master-ceph repo will be updated to Giant once
> they have a chance to get to it, but I'm guessing Tim Serong from SUSE
> could probably shed more light on that if he is available.

Yeah, someone needs to get filesystems/ceph on build.opensuse.org
updated to Giant (or moved to filesystems:ceph/ceph then updated to
Giant), but nobody has had a chance yet.

Regards,

Tim

--
Tim Serong